CS:GO Chroma 3 Case is a Third Opportunity to Score Original Chroma Knives


CS:GO Chroma 3 Case is a Third Opportunity to Score Original Chroma Knives

Chroma 3 Case Offers New Skins and a Third Chance for Original Chroma Knives

The second Counter-Strike: Global Offensive case to be released in 2016 was the Chroma 3 Case. This case was connected to the April 27, 2016 update that added official game servers in Chile, fixed explosive timing errors, and gave chickens a death text announcement stating, “Your chicken has been killed.”

Releasing just a little over 2 months after the Operation Wildfire Case, the Chroma 3 Case came a full year after Chroma 2. While many players were excited about the case, some had reservations about the fact that the same knives from the other two Chroma cases had been featured again for a third time. They eagerly anticipated the moment when other knives would receive the same gorgeous Chroma finishes, but gamers around the world were still pleased with the skins in the case regardless.

Examining the Chroma 3 Case

The Chroma 3 Case included 17 community weapon skins along with the original Chroma knives which include five different knife styles with 12 different finishes. To open this case, players need a Chroma 3 Case Key, which will grant them access to the valuable skins inside. All three Chroma Cases eventually made their way to the rare drop pool. When Prime Status players hit their first level-up of the week they get a case drop with a 99% chance that they will receive a case from the Prime drop pool and only a 1% chance they will receive a case from the rare drop pool.

What’s Inside the CS:GO Chroma 3 Case?

The skins in the Chroma 3 Case feature a variety of designs. While almost all the weapon skins have some degree of float cap, it’s still a versatile case with many possibilities. Design inspiration was sourced for these skins from an Aztec Goddess, an Egyptian God, as well as classic, futuristic, simplistic, and traditional designs with a little abstract art thrown in for fun.

The full list of skins for the Chroma 3 case includes:

  • Mil-Spec
    • Dual Berettas | Ventilators
    • G3SG1 | Orange Crash
    • M249 | Spectre
    • MP9 | Bioleak
    • P2000 | Oceanic
    • Sawed-Off | Fubar
    • SG 553 | Atlas
  • Restricted
    • CZ75-Auto | Red Astor
    • Galil AR | Firefight
    • SSG 08 | Ghost Crusader
    • Tec-9 | Re-Entry
    • XM1014 | Black Tie
  • Classified
    • AUG | Fleet Flock
    • P250 | Asiimov
    • UMP-45 | Primal Saber
  • Covert
    • PP-Bizon | Judgement of Anubis
    • M4A1-S | Chantico's Fire

In addition to these creatively designed skins, the Original Chroma Knives make their third appearance in this case. Players have yet another opportunity to collect the Bayonet, Flip Knife, Gut Knife, Karambit, or M9 Bayonet in one of the original Chroma finishes. They include:

  • Bayonet | Damascus Steel
  • Bayonet | Marble Fade
  • Bayonet | Tiger Tooth
  • Bayonet | Rust Coat
  • Bayonet | Ultraviolet
  • Bayonet | Doppler Phase (1-4)
  • Bayonet | Doppler Black Pearl
  • Bayonet | Doppler Ruby
  • Bayonet | Doppler Sapphire
  • Flip Knife | Damascus Steel
  • Flip Knife | Marble Fade
  • Flip Knife | Tiger Tooth
  • Flip Knife | Rust Coat
  • Flip Knife | Ultraviolet
  • Flip Knife | Doppler Phase (1-4)
  • Flip Knife | Doppler Black Pearl
  • Flip Knife | Doppler Ruby
  • Flip Knife | Doppler Sapphire
  • Gut Knife | Damascus Steel
  • Gut Knife | Marble Fade
  • Gut Knife | Tiger Tooth
  • Gut Knife | Rust Coat
  • Gut Knife | Ultraviolet
  • Gut Knife | Doppler Phase (1-4)
  • Gut Knife | Doppler Black Pearl
  • Gut Knife | Doppler Ruby
  • Gut Knife | Doppler Sapphire
  • Karambit | Damascus Steel
  • Karambit | Marble Fade
  • Karambit | Tiger Tooth
  • Karambit | Rust Coat
  • Karambit | Ultraviolet
  • Karambit | Doppler Phase (1-4)
  • Karambit | Doppler Black Pearl
  • Karambit | Doppler Ruby
  • Karambit | Doppler Sapphire
  • M9 Bayonet | Damascus Steel
  • M9 Bayonet | Marble Fade
  • M9 Bayonet | Tiger Tooth
  • M9 Bayonet | Rust Coat
  • M9 Bayonet | Ultraviolet
  • M9 Bayonet | Doppler Phase (1-4)
  • M9 Bayonet | Doppler Black Pearl
  • M9 Bayonet | Doppler Ruby
  • M9 Bayonet | Doppler Sapphire

Market Demand and Rarity

Currently, the Chroma 3 Case has fewer than 30,000 Steam Community Market listings. This is the highest quantity of listings for the three cases with the Chroma 2 Case coming in at just under 21,000 listings and the Chroma Case trailing behind at fewer than 9,500 listings. The price for the Chroma 2 and 3 Cases is generally between $2.50 and $3, while the Chroma Case sits between $3 and $4.

When it comes to the Chroma 3 Case skins, Chantico’s Fire for the M4A1-S dominates all price points above $100 with the most expensive version coming in at nearly $400. Further down the list, players will find instances of Asiimov for the P250, Judgement of Anubis for the PP-Bizon, and Fleet Flock for the AUG. In all cases, skins with StatTrak technology seem to fetch a higher price.

As far as the original Chroma knives go, it doesn’t seem like having three different cases with the same knives has impacted the market negatively. A Factory New Karambit with the Tiger Tooth finish sits just under $1,800 alongside the matching M9 Bayonet. The Damascus Steel Karambit sits comfortably between $1,500 and $1,600 while others from the collection make appearances in the price points above $1,000 as well.

Get Your CS:GO Chroma 3 Case

With all three Chroma cases still dropping occasionally in-game, players have a chance of scoring one of the incredible knives of the collection. But if it’s one of the Chroma 3 Collection skins they’re after then they’ll be limited to just this case. Depending on the skin, they may find it more worth their time to just purchase or trade for the item. However, it’s hard to say what any one of these cases may hold.

For players looking to earn skins in other ways, Clash.GG offers the chance to play CS:GO-styled games to win credits that can be exchanged for CS:GO skins.

The Premier CS:GO case and case battle site. is owned and operated by Rust Clash Entertainment Ltd located at

Thermistokli Dervi, 48, 3rd Floor, Office 306, 1065, Nicosia, Cyprus

[email protected]

© All rights reserved 2021 - 2023

10K Daily RaceAffiliatesRewardsGame ResponsiblyFree to PlayFairnessBlog