Lake callouts in CS2 (CSGO)
This guide shows the callouts of the Lake Counter-Strike 2 (CS2) map. Mastering Lake in CS2 requires understanding callouts for effective navigation and strategy in gameplay. This applies to both attacking and defending.
Lake callouts table
Callout name and description are listed in the following table:
|The open area surrounding the structure, key for initial spotting and enemy engagement.
|A small space or corner that provides cover, useful for stealth or surprise attacks.
|An area with low visibility, can be used strategically for ambushes or to stay hidden.
|Enclosed space for close combat, often a spot for tactical gear storage or chokepoints.
|A landmark near the Counter-Terrorist spawn, commonly used for regrouping.
|A rock formation providing cover and vantage point, named for its proximity to Garage.
|A set of stairs granting elevation, critical for sightlines towards common attack paths.
|Area with crates that offer protection and strategic positioning for firefights.
|A crate near the Terrorist side, advantageous for offensive plays and map control.
|A rock formation on the Terrorist side, often used for cover or to watch angles.
|A less conspicuous spot with small stones, potentially used for discreet positioning.
|Central water feature, pivotal for map orientation and player movement.
|An elevated pathway that allows for quick transit and sightlines across the map.
|The portion of the lake closer to the Terrorist spawn, often a hotspot for activity.
|Stairs providing access to elevated areas, crucial for Terrorist side maneuvers.
|A lower area that can serve as a hiding spot or a trap for unsuspecting players.
|A wooded area providing camouflage and a natural obstacle for players.
|The immediate vicinity outside the Terrorist spawn area, essential for early game setup.
|A small room or enclosure, possibly referencing a place of concealment or brief respite.
|Repeat callout, see above for description.
|Likely a significant rock formation providing strategic cover, needs context for specifics.
Most famous Lake callouts
Top 10 CS2 callouts in Lake map:
- Garage: A crucial area for control. Gabriele notes that holding Garage can pivot a team's defense into a counter-offensive stance.
- CT Rock: A rallying point for regrouping. It's vital for launching counter-attacks or stalling enemy advances.
- T Box: This spot offers an offensive stronghold for Terrorists, setting the stage for aggressive plays.
- T Lake: Known for being a hub of activity, control here can dictate the flow of the game.
- T Stairs: Gabriele emphasizes using these stairs to gain a height advantage for Terrorist side plays.
- Pit: Often underestimated, but Gabriele suggests using it for surprise attacks or as a defensive fallback point.
- T Trees: A natural cover that can be a game-changer when used for stealthy movements or ambushes.
- Catwalk: Offers a tactical overview of the map. Dominance here means superior information gathering.
- Dark: A low-visibility area that can be the difference between a successful flank or a failed push.
- Outside House: A strategic starting point for encounters, offering various angles of attack and retreat.
Gabriele from Clash.gg said that mastering these callouts and their strategic use is akin to learning the language of Lake itself, turning map knowledge into a powerful ally.
When was Lake released?
The Lake map in Counter-Strike from Valve was released in 2014.
More guides to CS2 map callouts
- Mirage callouts
- Nuke callouts
- Inferno callouts
- Dust 2 callouts
- Overpass callouts
- Ancient callouts
- Anubis callouts
- Vertigo callouts
- Italy callouts
- Office callouts
- Train callouts
- Baggage callouts
- Canals callouts
- Shoots callouts
- Shortdust callouts