Ancient callouts in CS2 (CSGO)
This guide shows the callouts of the Ancient Counter-Strike 2 (CS2) map. Mastering Ancient in CS2 requires understanding callouts for effective navigation and strategy in gameplay. This applies to both attacking and defending.
Ancient callouts table
Callout name and description are listed in the following table:
|Where the Terrorists start. Links to Tunnel and Split, a strategic point for game planning.
|A critical path from T Spawn to Water, used for B Site rushes or alternative Mid routes.
|Sits between Tunnel and Ruins, a transitional area often contested in gameplay.
|A tactical spot near Doors, offering quick Ramp access and a hiding box for anticipating CT pushes.
|The double entry to T Lower from Ruins, a key point for movement strategies.
|Connects T Spawn to Elbow and Stairs, offering dual access to Mid and A Site.
|This links Split to A Halls, a movement corridor critical for map navigation.
|The junction between Split and Mid, commonly used for mid splits and team strategies.
|Connects Stairs and A Main, a lurking spot for preventing CT pushes from A Site.
|Leads into Long from A Halls, a vital pathway for A Site strategies.
|A primary A Site entrance, essential for checking Boost and site securing.
|A strategic CT spot near Long for elevated defense positions.
|A large crate by A Site, offering cover and not to be mistaken with nearby Single.
|Next to Plat, this crate provides cover, distinct from Big Box.
|A raised area beside A Site, crucial for site control and defense.
|The bomb plant area between CT Lane, Short, and Big Box.
|A set of three boxes at A Site's rear, offering safer planting options.
|Connects CT Spawn to A Site, a rapid CT access point.
|A passage from CT Spawn to A Site, key for movement and defense.
|Counter-Terrorists start here, linking to Temple, CT Lane, Snipers Nest, and Alley.
|Offers a full view of Mid, ideal for CT sniping.
|Stairs and tunnel linking Mid to Snipers Nest, important for map control.
|Opposite Tunnels in Mid, a large hiding spot for strategic play.
|The central open area, crucial for Ts' access to A Site.
|Connects Mid to Short, used for A Site splits or CT support to Snipers Nest.
|A main A Site entrance, challenging to push without Long support.
|Two crates by Heaven in Mid, providing access to Heaven.
|Links T Lower to Lamp Room and Mid, used for mid splits.
|Connects Heaven to Dark, a transitional area in gameplay.
|A small area linking Lamp Room and House with a CT ambush spot.
|Between Ramp and Heaven, the lowest point, crucial for B Site strategies.
|Slope from T Lower to B Site, a primary entrance for B Site assaults.
|Links Lamp Room to B Site, a challenging entry point due to narrow access.
|The bomb plant area between Ramp, House, and Square.
|A cover structure on B Site, vital for CT defense.
|Between Back Halls and B Site, offering dual access routes.
|Connects Alley to Square, a movement corridor for strategic play.
|Links CT Spawn to Back Halls, important for map navigation.
Most famous Ancient callouts
Top 10 CS2 callouts in Ancient map:
- Tunnel: Essential for Terrorists rushing B Site. Gabriele from Clash.gg noted its strategic importance for controlling the game's pace.
- Ruins: A pivotal spot for quick movement to Ramp. Gabriele emphasized its utility for surprise maneuvers against Counter-Terrorists.
- Split: Offers dual access to Mid and A Site.
- A Halls: Connecting Stairs to A Main, this area is perfect for ambushes. Gabriele remarked on its effectiveness in preventing Counter-Terrorist pushes.
- Long: A primary route for Terrorists into A Site. According to Gabriele, mastering Long is key to dominating A Site.
- Boost: Known for CTs boosting teammates. Gabriele highlighted its defensive potential against A Site assaults.
- CT Lane: Connects CT Spawn to A Site. Gabriele pointed out its significance for quick Counter-Terrorist rotations.
- Mid: The map's central area, offering Terrorists access to A Side.
- Ramp: A major entrance to B Site.
- B Site: Where the bomb is planted on B. Gabriele underlined its challenge due to multiple entry points and defensive spots.
When was Ancient released?
The Ancient map in Counter-Strike from Valve was released in 2020.
More guides to CS2 map callouts
- Mirage callouts
- Nuke callouts
- Inferno callouts
- Dust 2 callouts
- Overpass callouts
- Anubis callouts
- Vertigo callouts
- Italy callouts
- Office callouts
- Train callouts
- Baggage callouts
- Canals callouts
- Shoots callouts
- Shortdust callouts
- Lake callouts